CaLP Market Assessment Tools Training
The Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP) will conduct a Market Assessment Tools training covering the core concepts and tools for market assessments with a humanitarian objective in Baltimore, Maryland, USA in May.
This is a 5-day training designed for anyone who is not an economist who may participate in a market assessment with a humanitarian objective. This training focuses on how to measure market performance and how to select appropriate market assessment tools and guidance. The fourth and fifth days will include a field-based assessment component to apply some of the various skills learned during the week. See the course overview for more information.
After the completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to, and engage in the market assessment process and participate in response options discussions
- Use core market assessment tools, understanding their contributions in a range of contexts
The prerequisites are:
- Prior experience in the design, implementation or management of cash transfers or vouchers in a humanitarian context, and/or
- Prior attendance at CaLP Level-2 training, CaLP CORE CTP Skills training or equivalent classroom experience and/or
- Previous exposure to, involvement in, or classroom experience with response analysis (response options analysis)
- A working knowledge of key vocabulary concerning how markets function would be useful.
Register here. The deadline for registration is Friday, April 28, 2017. Applications will be received and invitations will be sent on a rolling basis.
Participants will need to provide for their own accomodations, if necessary, and local and long-distance transportation costs.
CaLP would like to thank CaLP member organization Catholic Relief Services for helping make this training available to the community of practice.