CRS seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated Seed Systems Support project to be funded by USAID's Bureau of Food Security. The project will focus on inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led economic growth, and strengthened resilience among people and systems in Feed the Future countries.
The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) in carrying out the technical oversight and management functions of the Seed Systems Support program. S/he will explore innovative ways to develop new business models and financial methods that enable formal and informal private sector seed producers to grow their markets. The DCOP will ensure that project activities are of high quality, adhere to Feed the Future technical guidance and global best practices, and will also be responsible for guiding the design of specific, quantifiable performance indicators and targets, and reporting results.
As a key member of the CRS management team, the DCOP will be responsible for supporting technical leadership in the areas of site management and coordination, support an innovative and results driven implementation plan with partners and maintain program quality and timeliness of reporting. The DCOP will assist the COP in linkages, representational and strategic aspects of the program. The DCOP's duties also include providing technical input into the design and delivery of the program activities.
The successful candidate will be a technical expert in one or more areas of seed systems, skilled in leading a global technical team of direct reports, able to ensure programmatic efficiency and success, advance learning and strategic goals.
- Master's degree or higher in agriculture or related field required.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience working on agricultural production and business related systems, with at least 5 years of senior technical leadership designing and implementing input supply systems in developing countries.
- Experience providing technical oversight of large, complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries a plus.
- Specific technical expertise in input supply industry, seed system development, seed and agriculture policy, agriculture technology development or organizational development.
- Extensive, practical field experience aiming to solve farmer organization, farmer's access to agricultural technologies, agri-business development.
- Experience working in Africa preferred; experience in Asia, Latin America and/or the Caribbean a plus
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support consortium members.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, as demonstrated by past experiences.
- Proven experience in effective communications with multi-stakeholders.
- Proven strategic planning skills.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; Professional proficiency in a second language preferred
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.