The Food Security and Nutrition Network Knowledge Management (KM) Task Force brings together food security professionals from all technical sectors in a community focused on knowledge sharing for improved implementation of food security and nutrition programs. The group, comprised of representatives of implementer, donor and other partner organizations, is working to identify and explore promising practices to capture and disseminate program learning, as well as tools that can support better networking and knowledge sharing.
Meetings and Events
- Check back soon for the next task force meeting. You can access the meeting via this Adobe Connect Meeting Room.
February 9, 2017: Led by presentations from April Thompson, Knowledge Management Portfolio Manager at KDAD, and Vidhya Sriram, Director for Proposal Development at CARE USA, the Task Force hosted an honest and open dialogue on failure. The group discussed various approaches each orgnaization has used to learn from failure and improve results.
November 10, 2016: The Task Force met to reflect on the 2016 summer series on online engagement, the 2016 TOPS/FSN Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting, and to present two KM tools for recommendation.
June 9, 2016: Meaghan Murphy, Knowledge Management Advisor and Mira Ibrisimovic,Independent Consultant, took us through the process of conducting a KM assessment and developing an accompanying KM plan for the Feed the Future Enabling Environment for Food Security project. They also shared key findings as well as lessons learned along the way.
April 28, 2016: Shelia Jackson,TOPS Senior KM Specialist and KMTF Chair and Laurie Starr, TOPS Senior M&E Specialist and M&E TF Chair, led attendees through some exercises to identify how both technical sectors could begin to collaborate effectively, and what individual action steps members could take to move this process forward.
Task Force Recommended Tools
This task force recommends the following tools for implementers of Title II, Food for Peace funded development food assistance programs:
- A Guide to Developing a Knowledge Management Strategy for a Food Security and Nutrition Program by The TOPS Program
- Participatory Facilitation Techniques Workshop Curriculum by Lynette Friedman, CORE Group
- Supporting Communities of Practice: A TOPS Quick Guide to Linking Development Practitioners by The TOPS Program
- Designing Participatory Meetings and Brownbags: A TOPS Quick Guide to Linking Development Practitioners by The TOPS Program
- How to Hold a Successful Share Fair by K4Health, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, IntraHealth International, FHI 360, Management Sciences for Health
- Community Video for Nutrition Guide by SPRING, Digital Green
The Knowledge Management Task Force publishes a bi-monthly newsletter. View past issues here:
How to Get Involved
Participation in the Knowledge Management Task Force of the FSN Network is open to those working in knowledge management, especially implementers of food security and nutrition programs.
- Click here to join the listserv of the task force and stay informed about future meetings.
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future meetings of the Task Force.