The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Task Force aims to improve the effectiveness of Monitoring and Evaluation of Food Security and Nutrition programs through identifying and disseminating successful methods, tools and practices; improving monitoring and evaluation skills of implementing agencies at headquarters and in the field; and ensuring that the priorities of implementing agencies are reflected in donor guidance. The Task Force supports innovation and fosters collaboration among the broad community of stakeholders engaged in food security programming.
Meetings and Events
May 10th, 2017
March 9th, 2017 Read the notes
November 10th. Read the notes.
September 1st Read the notes.
Thursday July 7 Task force meeting to follow up on June 2 progress. Read the notes.
Task force meeting explored the following:
What are best practices in linking the project theory of change to M&E systems? What are gaps in existing guidance.
What are the M&E implications of Refine and Implement? How do M&E teams prepare for this new program design?
- Read the notes. You can listen to the recording here.
FANTA III and FAO released detailed guidance on the use and application of the Minimum Dietary Diversity for women (MDD-W), a dichotomous indicator of whether or not women 15-49 years of age have consumed at least five out of 10 food groups the previous day or night. The proportion of women 15-49 years of age who reach this minimum in a population can be used as a proxy indicator for higher micronutrient adequacy, one important dimension of dietary quality.
Task Force Recommended Tools
This task force recommends the following tools for implementers of Title II, Food for Peace funded development food assistance programs.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator's Guide, by TOPS, TANGO
- Theory of Change Training Curriculum, by TOPS, TANGO
- Guide to Developing a Scope of Work for Mid-Term Evaluation of Title II Development Food Assistance Programs, by TOPS
- Propack III - The CRS Project Package: A Guide to Creating a SMILER M&E System, by Catholic Relief Services
Click here to participate in an online discussion on monitoring and evaluation.
How to Get Involved
Participation in the Monitoring and Evaluation Task Force of the FSN Network is open to those charged with the monitoring and evaluation of food security and nutrition programs.
- E-mail Laurie Starr email@example.com to request membership.
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future meetings of the Task Force.