TOPS and the FSN Network hold a variety of knowledge sharing events in both the United States and overseas. They provide peer learning opportunities as community members bring their technical experience and individual perspectives to bear on issues relevant to food security and nutrition implementation.
Below is a list of past events. Click on the event for more information and resources from the event.
Knowledge Sharing Meetings
TOPS holds semiannual Knowledge Sharing Meetings, which bring together implementers, donors, and researchers for peer learning, knowledge sharing, and networking around food security and nutrition program implementation.
East & Southern Africa Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Changing Landscapes of Food Security (Kampala, Uganda: September 20-22, 2016)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Strengthening Connections: Inquiry, Innovation & Implementation (Washington, DC: January 27-28, 2016)
Asia Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting (Dhaka, Bangladesh: March 3 - 5, 2015)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Learn, Adapt, Apply (Washington, DC: July 10 - 11, 2014)
[Français] Réunion Partage de Connaissances (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: 18 au 20 novembre 2013)
Technical Events provide a platform for the FSN Network community to share technical experience, new studies, and additional resources through workshops, practical training, and presentations.
- Evidence in Agriculture: Credit for Smallholder Farmers (Washington, DC: June 22, 2017)
- Make it clear! Learn how to write so your audience understands: A workshop for program and technical staff who want to improve their writing skills (Washington, DC: June 14, 2017)
- Breastfeeding Seminar - Protecting, Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding in the Field (Washington, DC: May 9-11, 2017)
- How much is the picture worth? Reviewing on-farm demos in agricutlure extension (Washington, DC: May 4, 2017)
- Evidence in Agriculture: Information Constraints to Technology Adoption (Washington, DC: April 6, 2017)
Consultations provide a platform for USAID's Office of Food for Peace to gain input from the PVO community on initiatives and policies.
- Stakeholder Consultation on Implementing under the New Food for Peace 2016-2025 Strategy (Washington, DC: May 30, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace Draft FY17 RFA and CSI for Uganda (Washington, DC: January 9, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on Indicators for USAID Office of Food for Peace New 2016-2025 Food Assistance and Food Security Strategy (Washington, DC: October 5, 2016)
- Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) Guidance (Washington, DC: July 27, 2016)
Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace FY16 International Emergency Food Assistance Annual Program Statement (Washington, DC: March 29, 2016)
Exclusive online presentations and discussion that foster knowledge sharing and learning within the FSN Network community.
- Emerging Evidence: How Integrated Referrals are Associated with Adherence, Food Security and Resilience (March 15, 2017)
- Making Behavior Change Habit Forming: Including the Science of Habit Into Behavior Change Efforts (October 20, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 3 - Peer Assist: Get Practical Solutions for Your Online Engagement Challenges (August 25, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 2 - Assessing the Health of Your Online Community (August 18, 2016)
- Why It Matters - Creating and Measuring Successful Online Engagement: Session 1 - Let's Talk Online Engagement (August 11, 2016)
Learning Events supported through the TOPS Small Grants Program
- Updated CMAM Toolkit Presentation (Online: April 13, 2017)
- Theory of Change Adaptive Learning and Validation Workshop (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: March 20-24, 2017)
- Grandmother Project - Change through Culture: Stories Without Endings Presentation (Washington, DC: February 23, 2017)
- Integrated Pest Management and Fumigation Safety Training (Manhattan, Kansas: January 24-26, 2017)
- MTI's Partnership Defined Quality: Giving the Community a Voice in Service Delivery, Instruction Video and Learning Tool (Online: January 17, 2017)