The Project-level Early Warning (PLEW) community of practice aims to encourage the exchange of ideas, methods, lessons learned, and promising practices surrounding project-level early warning and response systems. While this COP applies learning from these exchanges to enhance the project-level early warning and response element within Title II development food assistance programs, we understand that knowledge flourishes when ideas and experiences are shared without bounds, so please feel free to participate and share your PLEW experiences from Food for Peace-funded and non Food for Peace-funded programs, from US government-funded and non-US government-funded programs, etc.
The next PLEW Interest Group meeting will be held in the fall of 2016. Meeting details will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead.
View Past Meetings
- June 2, 2016 - View the recorded presentation: Early Warning in Ebola Contexts: Approaches, Lessons, and Next Steps in West Africa (and Beyond) by Brenda Lazarus, Deputy Decision Support Advisor for The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET). Download the presentation here and additional handouts here.
- March 3, 2016 - View the recorded presentation: Results from a Meta-analysis of Early Warning/Trigger/Sentinel Indicators in USAID-funded Projects, by Travis Mayo, manager of the Complexity Aware Monitoring Project in USAID's Bureau for Policy Planning and Learning; Office of Learning, Evaluation, and Research. Download the presentation here.
- October 27, 2015 - View the recorded presentation: Using Context Monitoring to Understand Resilience, by Tim Frankenberger, TANGO International. Download the presentation here and the "Update of PRIME Trigger Indicators October 20,2014" handout here. Additional Ethiopia PRIME resources (i.e. reports, survey questionnaire, and write-up) can be downloaded here.
- June 11, 2015 - View the recorded presentation: Early Warning, Early Action, by Gianmaria Pinto, Building Resilient Communities in Somalia (BRCiS). Download the presentation here and the notes here.
- December 11, 2014 - View the recorded presentation: ACTED's Drought Early Warning System in Uganda, by Isaac Obai, ACTED. Download the notes here.
- June 10, 2014 - View the recorded presentation: Farmer Managed Weather Monitoring in Southern Zambia, by Mara Russell, Land O'Lakes. Download the notes here.
Get to know members of this group and what they are doing to improve the understanding of program level early warning among implementer organizations.
View tools and guides on early warning in the resource library here.
How to Get Involved
There are several ways to get involved in this interest group:
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future interest group events.
- E-mail Laura M. Glaeser at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to get more involved in the work of the group.