This course on market systems development will start on the 5th of April 2021 till the 30th of April 2021. Scroll down to find out more about the course, or click to download the Registration Form.
Why do this course?
This DevLearn online training course will introduce the core concepts of market systems development and provide simple, practical tips to enable you to implement them in your context. Online training is cost-effective, interactive, and entertainingly delivered through videos, guided exercises, and group discussions. The course will take approximately four days to complete but can be spread across multiple weeks and completed at any time that suits you.
During this course, you will:
- Learn what a market systems approach is, and how it is different (and similar) to other approaches.
- Understand how to analyze sectors and markets, and identify the most important challenges in each area.
- Find out how to develop interventions that are appropriate for the context. This includes developing a vision of success, partnering with appropriate actors and negotiating deals.
- Learn how to manage interventions adaptively, gathering the most important information in order to help you and other market actors understand whether the intervention is working, and whether to change it.
- Understand the concepts of scale and sustainability. If the pilot is successful, how can market actors take it to scale in a way that is sustainable?
- This interactive and participatory course is delivered entirely online. Participants are expected to spend approximately four days on the course while they are signed up, typically 1-2 months depending on how intensively they study.