Provides critically complex research and experimentation for department/s allowing the advancement of scientific analysis and discovery. Assist in developing and conducting of research projects including experiment design, data collection, data analysis and documentation of research results. Responsible for assisting PI with implementation of research projects in the US and other countries. May participate and or present on the research developed, or the established work of those within the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator (PI) on the design, data analysis, and reporting of research projects.
* Maintain and establish ongoing professional communication with all sponsors, project partners, and collaborators. This includes entities that are based in the US and in foreign countries.
* Provide project implementation and oversight in the field, including study team member coordination, data management, data collection and daily study site operation management.
* Monitor performance metrics for the trial, observes and reports trends
* This requires foreign travel to all countries in which a project is being conducted and living full time on the project site.
2. Performs complex analyses, experiments and project work under general direction of the PI. Serves as representative for PI in country and ensures procedures and protocols are adhered to consistently and effectively meet department’s standard. Exhibits a high degree of independent problem solving and ability to conduct research on assigned projects.
* Serves as liaison with external research partners and supports communication between study team members locally and internationally
* Acts as a member of the field research team by directly participating in the field work.
* Responsible for all daily field operations of the project including financial management, procurement, data collection, and monitoring.
* Provides guidance and direction to other members of the field research team in the conduct, implementation and evaluation of the clinical research through daily communication.
* Works with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensuring labs and data are obtained according to established protocol through online communication and foreign country site visits
* Trains new staff and may serve as lead or as point of reference for other research staff for questions, staff scheduling, feedback on performance.
3. Plans, develops, organizes and formalizes research results and findings. Develops presentation for and/or present on behalf of PI.
* Perform data analysis and data management including generation of publication quality materials such as tables and graphs for manuscripts and grants
* Conduct basic quantitative and qualitative analyses using various statistical and graphing programs for progress reports, oral presentations, and publications
* Conducts literature searches related to research projects.
* Writes/co-authors publications and/or papers supporting research findings in logical and sometimes multiple formats tailored to audiences.
* Assist with grant preparation and reporting.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master degree preferred; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred; a combination of relevant work and education equaling 5 years may substitute for this requirement.
* Analytical and problem solving research skills.
* Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and for technical publications.
* Ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment.
Please apply at http://jobs.wustl.edu and search for Job ID 36033