Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in Emergencies: A Resource Pack for Simple and Strong MEAL
This resource pack offers practical advice about how to implement a system for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) in emergencies. It provides
- standards for MEAL in emergencies,
- an overview of informal and formal monitoring,
- guidance on how to conduct monitoring and evaluation,
- ways to use the results to improve programs and
- checklists, discussion guides, forms and other tools.
It also includes a visual representation of the progression of information needs and common monitoring methods and tools from the initial emergency response to a more stable situation. If offers guidance on when and how to sample and when and how to count during an emergency response and presents practices for conducting daily or weekly debrief meetings.