The Food Security and Nutrition Network Nutrition Task Force is a community of technical specialists and practitioners working to improve the quality of nutrition implementation in food security and nutrition programming. It is composed of representatives from NGO Title II grantees and partner organizations in government, academia and the private sector. It provides an inclusive forum for sharing, adapting, refining and disseminating information, methodologies, tools and promising practices on nutrition for increasing the impact of food security programs.
Task Force Meetings and Events
Past Meetings and Events
- May 9-11, 2017 - Breastfeeding Seminar: Protecting, Promoting, and Supporting Breastfeeding in the Field. Click here to view the agenda and presentations.
- February 9, 2017 - ANRM & Nutrition and Food Technology Joint Task Force Meeting. Click here to view the full meeting, including updates from TOPS' ANRM and Nutrition and Food Technology task forces, presentations on animal source foods by Dr. Lora Iannotti and Dr. Jennie Lane, and a group discussion. Download Dr. Iannotti's presentation here, and Dr. Lane's here.
- November 4, 2015 - Nutrition and Food Technology Task Force Meeting. The meeting consisted of a presentation by Dr. Lora Iannotti on research on LNS and RUSF in Haiti. Download Dr. Iannotti's presentation here.
- September 8, 2014 - Nutrition and Food Technology Task Force Meeting. The meeting consisted of a presentation by Kristen Cashin from FANTA III on dietary diversity indicators. Download the presentation here.
Task Force Recommended Tools
This task force recommends the following tools which have been developed and field-tested by partners and other stakeholders for implementers of Title II, Food for Peace funded development food assistance programs.
- A Tool for Framing a Discussion between Nutrition and Agriculture Specialists, by The TOPS Program.
- Stories-Without-An-Ending: An Adult Education Tool for Dialogue and Social Change, by the Grandmother Project. Download a presentation about the guide here.
- Focus on Families and Culture: A Guide for Conducting a Participatory Assessment on Maternal and Child Nutrition, by the Grandmother Project. Download a presentation about the guide here.
- Nutrition Program Design Assistant: A Tool for Program Planners Reference Guide and Workbook, by CORE Group, Save the Children, AED, FANTA 2
- Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Toolkit by Save the Children. For a recording of the webinar on April 13, 2017 on the CMAM toolkit, updated with new evidence and with enhanced applicability to emergency and long term programming, click here, and to download the presentation, click here.
- Training Guide for Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition, by USAID, AED, FANTA 2
- The Essential Nutrition Actions Framework, by USAID, RCQHC, JSI, HKI, AED, CORE Group, WAHO, ECSA-HC
Click here to participate in an online discussion on nutrition and food technology.
How to Get Involved
Participation in the Nutrition and Food Technology Task Force of the FSN Network is open to implementers of food security and nutrition programs.
- Click here to join the listserv of the task force and stay informed about future meetings.
- Sign up for the FSN Network Newsletter in the left sidebar to stay informed of future meetings of the Task Force.