NutVal is the spreadsheet application for planning and monitoring the nutritional content of general food aid rations.
NutVal 4.0 is the newest version, and it features:
- New micronutrient requirements taken from FAO/WHO (2004), have replaced the WHO (2000) Safe Levels of Intake used in version 3.
- Nine additional nutrients have been included in the NutVal database for use in the analysis of nutrient adequacy.
- Age group categories have been revised to make them more comprehensive, user-friendly, and consistent with age groups that are used in programme design. Energy requirements for the new age categories have been calculated using values from FAO/WHO/UNU (2004).
- Additional food items that have been requested by users have been included.
- Data handling and the tracking database have been improved to allow the saving and recall of complete ration data.
- New graphs for comparing different rations have been added.
- On-line training presentations are being developed and will uploaded to nutval.net soon.
Learn more about NutVal here.