TOPS and the FSN Network hold a variety of knowledge sharing events in both the United States and overseas. They provide peer learning opportunities as community members bring their technical experience and individual perspectives to bear on issues relevant to food security and nutrition implementation.
Below is a list of past events. Click on the event for more information and resources from the event.
Knowledge Sharing Meetings
TOPS holds semiannual Knowledge Sharing Meetings, which bring together implementers, donors, and researchers for peer learning, knowledge sharing, and networking around food security and nutrition program implementation.
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Successes, Challenges, and the Way Forward: Seven Years of Community Building (Washington, DC: July 19-20, 2017)
East & Southern Africa Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Changing Landscapes of Food Security (Kampala, Uganda: September 20-22, 2016)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Strengthening Connections: Inquiry, Innovation & Implementation (Washington, DC: January 27-28, 2016)
Asia Regional Knowledge Sharing Meeting (Dhaka, Bangladesh: March 3 - 5, 2015)
Knowledge Sharing Meeting: Learn, Adapt, Apply (Washington, DC: July 10 - 11, 2014)
Technical Events provide a platform for the FSN Network community to share technical experience, new studies, and additional resources through workshops, practical training, and presentations.
- FFP Market-based Emergency Program Review (Washington, DC: November 7, 2017)
- World Breasfeeding Week Webinar Series (Online: July 31-August 4, 2017)
- Evidence in Agriculture: Credit for Smallholder Farmers (Washington, DC: June 22, 2017)
- Make it clear! Learn how to write so your audience understands: A workshop for program and technical staff who want to improve their writing skills (Washington, DC: June 14, 2017)
- TOPS Implementation Review of the USAID Niger/Burkina Faso FFP Portfolio (Niamey, Niger: May 16-18, 2017)
Consultations provide a platform for USAID's Office of Food for Peace to gain input from the PVO community on initiatives and policies.
- Stakeholder Consultation on Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity Design (Washington, DC: August 7, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on Indicator Challenges for Food for Peace-funded Development Food Security Activities (Washington, DC: July 6, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on Implementing under the New Food for Peace 2016-2025 Strategy (Washington, DC: May 30, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on USAID Office of Food for Peace Draft FY17 RFA and CSI for Uganda (Washington, DC: January 9, 2017)
- Stakeholder Consultation on Indicators for USAID Office of Food for Peace New 2016-2025 Food Assistance and Food Security Strategy (Washington, DC: October 5, 2016)
Exclusive online presentations and discussion that foster knowledge sharing and learning within the FSN Network community.
- The Use of Mobile Phones to Support Improved IYCF in Low and Middle Income Countries (November 21, 2017)
- The Gender Analysis Process in Food for Peace Development Programs: Bridging the Gap Between Consultants and Implementing Partners (October 4, 2017)
- World Breastfeeding Week August 1-7, 2017: Webinar a Day Series (July 31-August 4, 2017)
- Emerging Evidence: How Integrated Referrals are Associated with Adherence, Food Security and Resilience (March 15, 2017)
- Making Behavior Change Habit Forming: Including the Science of Habit Into Behavior Change Efforts (October 20, 2016)
Learning Events supported through the TOPS Small Grants Program
- Experiences on Behavior Change (Online: May 24, 2017)
- Updated CMAM Toolkit Presentation (Online: April 13, 2017)
- Theory of Change Adaptive Learning and Validation Workshop (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: March 20-24, 2017)
- Grandmother Project - Change through Culture: Stories Without Endings Presentation (Washington, DC: February 23, 2017)
- Integrated Pest Management and Fumigation Safety Training (Manhattan, Kansas: January 24-26, 2017)