A working paper from IRC and Water For People that seeks to:
- Provide an accessible resource for Water For People and IRC teams and partners on the links between climate change, WRM, and WASH systems
- Guide our advocacy on climate issues, identifying key messages based upon our experiences in the contexts where we work
- Influence our programming and actions, including through annual and strategic plans
The paper's key messages are:
- WASH system strengthening is climate action.
- WASH must be a core component of climate financing and adaptation strategies.
- We cannot face the challenge of climate change alone.
- Water For People and IRC will walk the talk