The Enhancing Nutrition, Stepping up Resiliency and Enterprise (ENSURE) Development Food Assistance Project (DFAP) aimed to reduce food insecurity in Zimbabwe. This brief summarizes the results of the final evaluation conducted by TANGO International. The evaluation measured ENSURE’s development outcomes and presents evidence that:
- The integrated nature of interventions/messages across SOs created a supportive environment for behavior change
- Social capital was strengthened as people worked in groups to implement activities
- The integration of gender across program activities helped create a safe environment for men and women to examine traditional attitudes
- Community asset sites were launching points for other activities and provided safe zones for community interaction, knowledge sharing, and learning
- Village Savings and Lending (VS&L) groups can serve as a core integrating activity for other project activities
Click here for the full report.