This guide was developed as part of the IRC’s Economic and Social Empowerment (EA$E) Initiative. The EA$E program model was developed in response to the growing recognition that economic programs with targeted social outcomes could have exponentially higher returns for women.
The goal of the CEFE (Competency-based Economies through Formation of Enterprises) curriculum is to train EA$E members to develop successful and sustainable businesses. Overall, participants will develop entrepreneurial competencies and elaborate a business plan.
By the end of the training, EA$E members will have:
- Analyzed the constraints and demands of forming and operating a business.
- Identified their best entrepreneurial skills and characteristics.
- Developed their recordkeeping capacities.
- Conducted a market survey for their businesses.
- Polished and elaborated their business plans.