This is a facilitator’s guide to incorporating gender awareness and analysis into extension training and programming. These materials are designed to provide:
- A brief overview of the importance of gender issues in agriculture
- Extension’s shortcomings in addressing gender issues
- The need for gender analysis in extension programs
- Tools and techniques that can be used to collect gender disaggregated data
- Participatory communication strategies that address gender issues in extension programs
- Examples of using a gendered approach in agriculture value chains
There are multiple parts to this module that are intended to be used together within a workshop setting.